Sunday, August 02, 2009

Resilience

The word of the day, the week, the month.

In my last post, I mentioned (ok, maybe whined) about the economy and my recent poor show. You all realize I have had(and will continue to have, fingers crossed) a great year, but I mainly wanted to be upfront about the other side of this biz. I so appreciate the lovely comments you have all left.

One high point of last week's show was finally getting to meet Laura Lein Svencer in person. I've "known" Laura in the online sense for several years as our paths have crossed numerous times. She was just a couple booths away from me at the show and I stupidly forgot to take a picture of her booth. You can click on over to her website to see her work for yourself. It is simply wonderful. It never ceases to amaze me how collage artists can all be doing the same thing, yet not doing anything the same, you know what I mean?

Anyhoo, check out her site. You're gonna love her work. And I am thrilled she has agreed to participate as a guest artist in my book, yippee!

1 comment:

  1. I virtually have zero in my business account. My client owes me 250.00 and no longer buys from me. I just returned something to buy more canvases...but we still make art, and hope or the best.

    I have been out of the loop for a long while....not been reading blogs, and sometimes being lazy about mine.. Or rather, unless I have something good or interesting to say, I chose not to write.

    Been painting a lot though..

    So catch me up---what book are you writing???

    xxpoots
    PS I played your meditation CD the other day...it kept me very centered and calm....

    ReplyDelete

If you are entering a GIVEAWAY, please add your email address in the event I need to contact you.

To avoid SPAM, please write it like this:
stencilgirlproducts (at) gmail (dot com)