Thursday, February 04, 2016

Valentines - Look, Ma, no glue!?!

Back in the day I kept an enormous box of supplies specifically for Valentine's - doilies, foil, glitter, sequins, you name it. I started working on my cards in January, laboring over each and every one so each was different and significant. 

Flash forward to 2016, 

I had one afternoon. A few hours. 

Here's what I did:

1. I had already bought THESE cards. Simple heart shaped cardstock with an envelope.

2. I pulled out my massive assortment of Washi & other assorted tapes, started randomly placing tape over the front side of each heart, just butting the tape up next to each other, overlapping in places, really trying to not think too much. I trimmed around the edges. Added stickers in some spots.
It simply couldn't have been an easier. And I felt good because I was finally using all those Washi tape. That moment when you put your stash to good work.
3. I used my new text stencils to put a message on the back.
And called it done. 
Quick and simple. No glue, no fuss, no muss.
You can find my new alphabet stencils HERE at StencilGirl Products.
But you knew that.





9 comments:

  1. Wow! I would have never guessed at the process. I love the color combinations you chose. They have such a powerful vibrance. I have a lot of unused washi tape....

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! I just came across one paper mâché heart. Mist be leftover from when I did projects for Gelli plate book. I used my Gelli prints and one of Carolyn's word stencils in them. Now o am inspited to find my washi tapes. Off to look! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great idea! i have the letter stencil too

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this! and gosh, I have some washi tape........
    do you need my address?
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect!...an simple.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a super cute and fabulous way to use washi and make a valentine too. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are great! Thanks Marybeth

    ReplyDelete

If you are entering a GIVEAWAY, please add your email address in the event I need to contact you.

To avoid SPAM, please write it like this:
stencilgirlproducts (at) gmail (dot com)